Sunday, January 3, 2010

... a new year

Hello Hello 2010! I have been a bit MIA enjoying my vacation from "real life". I did take time to reminisce the past year and of course took some time to scrapbook!!

There are my top 5 moments of 2009
  1. Turning 30! enough said!
  2. Graduating from Chico State with my MBA (Masters in Business Administration)... it seemed to take forever but it was all worth it!
  3. Moved into my first apartment! I know this sounds crazy after seeing number 1 but my job has always required me to live in a residence hall apartment. For the past 8 years I have been a professional live in staff member who runs the day to day operations of a college dorm, supervises the staff, and keeps the students from getting into too much trouble. Basically when I went off to college in 1997, i had lived in a dorm ever since.
  4. I got a new job... hence moving into an apartment where I have to pay rent and utilities. Crazy but I love it!!
  5. Lost 50 lbs!! I still have a long way to go until I get to my goal weight but hitting the first 50 was a huge milestone.
Now on to the scrapbooking... here are two layouts I did this weekend. This first one, that I titled the Many Faces of Paul is my entry for How Much is Too Much. The challenge was to use 22 circles... Paul is obsessed with Coldplay and the song Clocks so I decided to make 22 clocks... If you look at the two close up pictures you can see them all. I tried to make them all different sizes, styles, and colors. I wont lie it was a lot of fun creating all the clocks.... I did actually cut out two from a magazine and use them on the page as well.
I had finished scrapbooking my Dressler staff and found these four pictures i love that had not found a home on any other page so I decided to put them together. I also wanted to make the title pop and I had these thumbnail images that came with my digital prints I had ordered online. I had held on to them in case I came up with a use for them and did I... it took some time to get them to all fit on the BIG but I think it looks really cool. This layout is for the Scrap Room Blog Challenge #52.

Lastly, I used the invitation for the wedding to create this layout of my friend and former RA, Roxy's wedding. The red box with love written in multiple languages, the flowers, and bride and groom on the O of LOVE were all elements from the invitation.... of course I forgot to take a picture of it before I tore it apart so you'll have to take my work for it.
Well that is that. Goodbye 2009! I look forward to a great new year!!!! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the HMITM challenge--all those clocks look so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks THANKS Thanks for stopping by!!!!!!!!! I love hearing from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Thanks!!!!!!!!!